Thursday, September 11, 2008

Short Autobiography

Education has always plagued me. I just don't know what do to for it; I know I need to get good grades but the grading system seems so random to me sometimes. If someone were to come up to me and ask me what education really meant to me, I suppose, I would say that it doesn't mean much to me for educations' sake. It doesn't mean much to me because I don't see a real difference between less school and more school. The idea that you can bank knowledge just by passing a class is silly. You end up forgetting half of what you knew and in the end the only things you remember are the things you use. Education is a good thing when it is self-motivated and therefore in a sense pure. That's just the tip of something that I never could do just in the short amount of time that I have.

            Now a little about myself, I don't know the importance of education, but education for me is something to allow others to take me seriously. Much more seriously then they would take someone without an education. This might be unjustly so, but it is the way of the world. I mainly want to be taken seriously as a writer. I don't know if you know this but I'm severely dyslexic and I have always feared the blank sheet of paper in front of me. One day I just got tired of it and did something about it. That something was forcing myself to write once every week. I soon learned to love it and started posting it online. Others started to read it and told me they had never read anything like it before. I suppose that's a good thing. I would like to make a career out of something I love some day and writing might just be it. A dyslexic writer who would have thunk it? I would like to be taken seriously as a writer and as a person. To do so, I think broadening my education can help me do that.

 

I write every week, so in my mind I write a lot. I wish I could write every day but some times I'm too busy. I hate to say it but I'm not well read. For obvious reasons, I have however, lately, not been able to keep my head out of Genesis. It's the first chapter in some old book I've found its pretty interesting.

 

I have answered most questions about life, you know, the usual. Q: What is the meaning to life? A: To finish what we started. Still don't know what we started but its getting there. Q: World peace? A: Kill Everything. Q: Is there a god? A: Yes but he acts like something that isn't there at all.

 

I'm an Atheist but I don't practice it much. So like I said I've answered most things. Right now, I am working on such things as 'Why did the chicken cross the road.' and 'How many licks does it take to get to the core of a tasty hard candy on a stick.'

 

One thing for sure is that nothing is for certain, I'm not even certain if I was the first to say something like that. But some people and I do mean people! Have gotten awfully close. That's all I'm saying, I certainly wouldn't know anything about everything or anything for that matter.

No comments: